The question of how to live life to the fullest, or how to be happy has been around since the beginning of time; but is there really an answer to such a question? or a universal method that can be applied to every single community?
Its called the Seven Congregations (In Christianity), Seven Heavens (In Islam), Seven Chakras (In Hinduism) and is present in most major religions and spiritual guidance books; oh and if your one of the sceptical types (or just not a New Age’r) – think of this as an allegory – a system the ancients built to transform lives.
Please note that this is a rough outline of the chakra system – so that you understand the basics before progressing to reading about them in more detail and how to overcome problems within each.
There are seven energy centers (or Chakras) in the human body; each of them having unique attributes associated to them (emotions, reproduction etc). Below is an image of the chakra system within the body; the symbols within the colours is Sanskrit writing for the name of each chakra.
The chakra system generally works from the bottom upwards; just like you build a house from the foundation upwards.
The root chakra is the lowest chakra (red in image above) and is the only chakra pointing backwards, to your past.
The root chakra MUST be functioning with balance before you can move to the next chakra (become financially free, find love, keep promises); if not, like a building with no foundation, your chakra system will colapse which in physical terms is a nervous breakdown.
The purpose of this chakra is getting rid of toxins in the body; this includes both physical and mental toxins.
An example of a mental toxin is a belief system which is holding you back from getting where you want to go; a habit which is preventing you from reaching your goals.
An example of physical toxins is the waste you excrete when you go to the bathroom everyday; so if your constipated, this also shows that your “holding on” and not letting go of things physically and mentally. Can you imagine the level of toxic waste build-up if you have not exercised and balanced this chakra? Think painful childhood memories? Painful school memories?
How to strengthen and balance the Root Chakra?
There are many ways to strengthen the root chakra. Some are:
– Forgiving and forgetting: Forgive the people in your past, and forget; expel them from your body. Any painful memories must be let go of; bad habits must be disposed.
– Physical: Do root chakra yoga asanas. This is basically yoga for the root chakra, ask your yoga instructor and he/she should be able to guide you. OR if you want a good set of Yoga Asana’s which you can view online, you can get the video from here. This video for the root chakra is highly recommended and does not exist anywhere else. This works similar to the effect you get when you run for a while, and your mood elevates and you become happier; except, its more targeted.
– Detox: Throw away all the things that you have been holding on to for years but hardly use; go to your drawers and throw away anything that you have not used in the past 30 days.
– Binaural Beats – Sound frequencies that tune into the right wavelength to stimulate the root chakra. This can be used for all the 7 chakras – Each chakra has a different frequency that stimulates it to become active.
The Sex chakra is located just 2 inches below your belly button; it is the chakra responsible for reproduction.
This not only includes sexual reproduction, but also reproducing wealth, health, anything you want! It is associated with creativity, food, expression, addictions and is often referred to as the center of self expression and joy.
This chakra is the chakra that “turns you on” speaking sexually and otherwise; therefore it is deeply concerned with our relationships to others, our motivation for our relationships and how much joy we bring to them.
It also has a strong connection with money; being able to become financially independent.
A weak sex chakra leads to physical manifestations of sexual impotence, bladder problems, diseases of the small intestine and lower back pain.
How to strengthen the Sex Chakra?
To strengthen the Sex chakra you can:
– Strengthen any chakras below; in this case, the root chakra (Note: this applies to all chakra’s; if you want to strengthen a chakra, work on strengthening all the chakra’s below it first)
– Become financially independent: This is important – before you can progress further, your ability to reproduce money must be strong, its that simple!
– Yoga Asanas for Sex Chakra – see www.meditation-mantra.org
The third chakra is often called the Solar Plexus; it is responsible for keeping what you have produced in the sex chakra (second chakra); so you produce money in the second chakra and learn to keep it in the third chakra. You keep your promises, your will, in the third chakra.
Self esteem is also held here, as well as beauty, health and wealth; anything you produce.
How to strengthen the Solar Plexus?
Signs of weak solar plexus (or third chakra) is low self esteem, not being able to keep promises, no self discipline, issues with your physical body – Naturally the way to strengthen this would be to target all the chakra’s lower than the solar plexus chakra, make them solid, and then:
– Practice increasing your will power: Write down 5-7 things that you must do that day but have been ignoring for some time now – this could be anything from cleaning out the wardrobe, buying a new vacuum cleaner etc – and then, DO THEM! Practice this regularly – This will increase your will power and strengthen your third chakra.
– Doing yoga asanas targeted for the third chakra are also important; search YouTube.com or go to www.meditation-mantra.org to get a series of all the chakra videos.
The heart chakra is ruled by emotions; love, hate, jealousy, life purpose, higher purpose, fulfilment etc. If the lower 3 chakra’s have been mastered, energy seeps into the fourth chakra; this is where you can have “mid-life crisis” and seek for meaning. This is not some hocus pocus crap; it is easily applied in practice – Bill Gates is a great example; He left Harvard university (root chakra) to realize his dream of creating (second chakra) DOS and reproducing it to every IBM computer in the world – He again disposed DOS (root chakra) to move onto windows further making billions and holding onto them (third chakra); then he created a charity foundation (heart chakra – to seek higher purpose and fulfillment from a deeper sense of love).
How can you strengthen the heart chakra?
– Water (master) all the chakra’s below to strengthen the heart chakra
– Carry out Yoga Asana’s for the heart chakra found at www.meditation-mantra.org – you can find sample videos on youtube.com under the user-name “yogomeditation”.
If we continue our example of Bill Gates – after he fulfils his fourth chakra, he will begin his journey for the 5th chakra – the knowledge chakra.
The knowledge chakra comes to life when you have everything in your life that you wanted – reason why wealthy people start taking dance classes, extra courses into something “different”, visiting unusual destinations, art classes, singing lessons – anything to seek higher purpose and meaning (but more developed than the heart chakra).
How can you strengthen the Throat chakra?
– Water (master) all chakra’s under the throat chakra
– Carry out Yoga Asana’s for the Throat Chakra found at www.meditation-mantra.org – you can find sample videos of these vidoes on youtube.com under the user-name “yogameditation”.
The sixth chakra is the Third eye Chakra – where you gain divine wisdom. Your ability to solve the most complex problems will become as simple as pressing a button. Many spiritual leaders have written countless books on the underlying methods of the universe; but this is useless to most people as you would need your first 5 chakra’s mastered before you would have a “thirst” for fulfilling this chakra.
Third eye represents non-judgement – Between right or wrong, light and day, ugly and beautiful, fat and thin etc. You will be able to see past and future as one, giving you the ability to see patterns and solve complex problems.
How can you strengthen the Third Eye?
– Strengthen all chakra’s below the Third Eye Chakra
– Meditation and focus on the third eye point
This is the only chakra which is actually outside the body, over the head – where do you think they got the Halo from?
There is nothing else to say about the crown chakra other than it is the chakra that connects you with the universe – as the Taoists say, to make your “light body”. This is pure enlightenment and where you have extraordinary abilities.
There are a few ways to strengthen the crown chakra like fulfilling all chakra’s below it, and meditation.
YES, but how do I apply this to my life?
Apply this to your life starting from the root chakra of disposing toxins and all the way up to the 7th – take it step by step. It is possible that some parts of some of your chakra’s are already developed to a certain extent, however there could be some weaknesses to them that might need strengthening in order to move your life forward – living your life to the fullest!
All chakras not only speak of healing in a spiritual sense, but also a physical sense. Physical illnesses are related to chakra imbalances that need correcting – heart disease with the heart chakra, sexual dysfunction with the second chakra – fulfill and learn to master them, and master your life!
It is also important to note that mastering your chakras creates rising levels of energy (chi/Parana) which can damage the nerves in your body and possibly kill you – this can easily be avoided by preparing the body for this kind of energy – by practicing chi kung (an ancient Chinese art) to the point of excruciating pain.